Ref 1 2 3
WhyYou can surely easily add search engines in FF addons markets, but unfortunately the POST version of my favorite search engine is somehow not working for me. If you are unlike me and happy with what you have, don't bother continuing.
- First, quit FF.
- Then check in the FF profile folder, there should be one or more files named starting with
search. In my case, there were
- Delete all of them, so that FF could recheck all available search plugins in
searchpluginsif you don't have one.
- Create an XML file with a sensible name, and create the search engine specs in this file with OpenSearch format.
- If an existing plugin is available for reference that's great. Otherwise, try using a tool to build from scratch, e.g. with mycroft project tool.
- Make sure the XML file is valid. Start up FF.
- Go to about:preferences#search, and the new search plugin should be visible in the list.